Sunday, June 30, 2013

Worshiping Through

My sweet girl is teaching me to worship through. To understand how powerful this video is let me tell you about her morning. She woke up and wanted yogurt for breakfast, we didn't have any more. As her dad fixes breakfast I shower and prepare for a client who's coming to get her hair done. She wants me out of the shower and playing with her instead. We're scrambling around cleaning so Summer's morning was filled with, "stop, wait, don't touch that, no, and put it back."  

Finally, we were done with the busyness or the morning and we put on some music. Immediately her hand shoots up into the air, her eyes close, her head bows and shakes as she walks through the house saying, "Hallelujah." This is what it looks like to worship through. Sometimes we get into a place where God tells us "stop, wait, don't touch that, no, and put it back." We get frustrated, much like my 23 month old. However, when the opportunity comes to worship we need to take it. Worshipping did not get Summer the things she wanted, but that wasn't the intent of her worship. It did, for a moment in time make everything else insignificant. Worship changes the atmosphere. Her worshipping touched my heart and I'm sure it moved the heart of God. 

Psalm 29:2 Give unto the Lord the glory due to His name;Worship the Lord in the beauty of holiness.  

1 comment:

  1. This is beautiful. Yes sometimes it just worship time. Nothing else matters but acknowledging God and being in His presence.

    ReplyDelete