Sunday, November 10, 2013

I hurt!





"I hurt! I hurt! I hurt!" My two year olds screams echo through the house as she begs for a bandaid to cover...a scar. She is doing this to put off nap time but it made me take a look at myself. See this is an old scar, from a self inflated wound, it's a small scar, but to her its huge especially when a challenge arrives. 

How many times have we screamed to God that we're hurting over a situation He has already healed? How many times do we use the excuse of past pain as a reason to disobey what God is telling us to do. We yell, "I hurt! I hurt!" While God is prompting us to walk in our healing and obey. Scars serve a evidence of a past offense but they also serve as a reminder of God's grace and our overcoming a hurt. That place where the scar is, is stronger and it's mark serves as a badge of triumph. So stop screaming it hurts, suck it up, and obey. 

1 Peter 2:24 who Himself bore our sins in His own body on the tree, that we, having died to sins, might live for righteousness—by whose stripes you were healed. 

Romans 5:3-5 And not only that, but we also glory in tribulations, knowing that tribulation produces perseverance; and perseverance, character; and character, hope. Now hope does not disappoint, because the love of God has been poured out in our hearts by the Holy Spirit who was given to us. 




No comments:

Post a Comment