Wednesday, August 17, 2016

Who, What, Why?

Who: Hi!! We are the James' and we are just starting on a homeschool journey. I (Lee) have been married to the man of my dreams (K) for 6 entertaining years.
We have three kids SJ, KJ, and AJ
Our newest addition AJ is only a few months old!
What: Christian, black, homeschooling wife, mama and entrepreneur! As you can see I have my hands full but I am loving life.
Why: Here's the thing, I have scoured the internet for information and resources for Black home schooling families and have found very little. According to the National Center for Education Statistics approximately 3% of school ages students are homeschooled and of that number about 5% are black. This number is growing but the resources aren't. I've done some research and have found that some curriculums always paint the black kid as the villain while others may be void of all melanin. Rather than bore you with that information I will be sharing and posting about what works for us. So strap in and join us on this wild ride as document our live.

No comments:

Post a Comment