Thursday, August 18, 2016

Yummy Dessert!

I LOVE to cook. I had some peaches that were on their way to being bad and decided to make a dessert out of them. I call this Caramelized Peach Puff Pastry. 


Ingredients 
2 large peaches
Frozen ready made puff pastry
1 cup sugar
1/2 cup of coconut milk

Caramel sauce:
  • Cover the bottom of a hard bottom pot with an even layer of sugar and let it sit over medium heat. (Watch the pot refined sugar takes about 8 minutes to 15 start to brown, raw sugar takes between 5 and 10 minutes.) At this time warm the coconut milk. 
  • Once the edges start to darken stir until you the sugar is liquefied. 
  • Add the coconut milk to the sugar and stir, but the stove top on low. (If the sugar turns into a big hard ball keep stirring trust me it will go back to liquid form...eventually)
The Pastry:
  • Cover you pan with parchment paper I used a bread loaf pan. 
  • Place peaches on the pan
  • Cover with caramel
  • Top with COLD puff pastry

I had left over peaches after the first layer so I placed more preaches (no caramel) then another cold sheet of puff pastry. It cooked at 400 degrees for 20 min and it was amazing!

I didn't serve it right away and it had quite a bit of juice from the peaches so as it sat and soaked up the juice it tasted like a dumpling from peach cobbler. Another thing that contributed to the dumpling like texture was me letting the pastry get to warm before cooking. If you worry about this just pop the pastry back in the freezer for 5 to 10 minutes it should be thawed but cold. 

Please share any alterations you make if you try this recipe at home. As I perfect it I will update it here. 

Ciao! 

No comments:

Post a Comment