Monday, September 12, 2016

Puzzle Mat Fun









I love to combine subjects. The easiest subject to combine with another is reading or phonics. This puzzle mat game allows my kids to use phonics and science to identify and place animals according to their name. In a previous post I told you about finding these wonderful mats at the dollar store. They are awesome!


We have a tile floor so I had the kids place one letter per tile all across the classroom floor.


I then stacked all the animal squares. Each child got a stack.

I had them match the first letter of the animal name with the corresponding tile. 


They had a blast!This is something you can use for beginning and and end sounds of the animal names. I then had them put the mat back together in order. This required them remembering where each letter went as well as working together.

This quick, easy, cheap game was a great way to reinforce their letters, and phonics.

No comments:

Post a Comment