Friday, November 25, 2016

Wallpaper Border Cover-Up - With Fabric


This past year we moved into our beautiful home. Unfortunately in the kids room there was this horrible wallpaper. My son loved didn't mind it but my daughter did not approve of the sports themed room. I knew I had to find a gender neutral alternative that fit both my kids personalities. 



My husband was not excited or motivated to go through the tedious process of removing the wall paper and I was not patient enough to wait so I had to come up with a solution.

I used a staple gun, scissors, and four yards of fabric. I folded the fabric in half length wise then in fours horizontally.  This gave me the width I wanted at manageable lengths. 
Here are a few project tips. 
1. Choose a fabric with little to no stretch. 
2. Choose a dark fabric that wont allow the wallpaper to show through.
3. Don't start a fabric end at the corner. Staple in the corner.



The kids loved the boarder once it was finished. Next time I do a project like this I will use a taller ladder so I can cover all the boarder at the top.
 For my first time on a project like this I think it went well. 

No comments:

Post a Comment